There are A LOT of beauty products out there. (I…mean… A LOT.) Over the past 30 “something” years, I have had my fair share of success stories and epic failures. Everyone is different, and everyone has their own battles when it comes to their skin.
I have very oily skin, ESPECIALLY during the hot summer months!
Here are a list of a few products, & my daily routine, that have helped my face feel & look great!
In the mornings:
I wake up and wash my face using a non medicated wash, such as CereVe Face Wash, with my HydroSonic Cleansing Brush. I then apply my daytime Rx.
In the evenings:
If I applied foundation/makeup that day, I use a gentle makeup remover* first. Paula’s Choice has one that I love, but it is a little pricey. Most removers leave my face feeling dry & irritated, but this one doesn’t. You can always use another brand or face towelettes instead. Once my make up is off, I wash my face with an over the counter benzoyl peroxide wash, called PanOxyl, using my facial brush. Followed by my nightly Rx.
*Even though I use a brush, removing my makeup before hand keeps the bristles from getting stained & honestly I just feel like my face feels cleaner when adding this step. If you have oily skin I HIGHLY recommend a face brush. I have tried the drug store “brushes”, but I never saw the results like I do with my HydroSonic. Not only can you use it in the shower, but it has three different brush heads: Normal, Sensitive, & Body.
1. Paula’s Choice Shine Stopper.. I mainly use this on my forehead since this is the oiliest place on my face. This stuff is magic in a bottle!! A little goes a LONG way.
2. Paula’s Choice RESIST Super Light Daily Wrinkle Defense tinted moisturizer with SPF. This beauty helps with my oil control AND with light coverage on days that I really don’t want to wear foundation! This is my everyday “go to” product!!
3. On days I want more coverage, I use Paula’s Choice Best Face Forward Foundation with SPF 25. This stuff goes on so smooth and provides even coverage without a heavy makeup feel.
4. Paula’s Choice Healthy Finish Pressed Powder with SPF 15
5. Paula’s Choice SunKissed Custom Color Bronzer
6. Mattify! Cosmetics Translucent Ultra Powder. During the summer I use this after PC Shine Stopper and before the Tinted Moisturizer or Foundation to give added oil control. Mattify! is a line of cosmetics dedicated to us Oily Skin Folks! They have powder for Oily Skin, Sensitive Skin, & Super Oily Skin called Ultra, which is what I use. Some days if I am just doing things around the house, I brush my face with this beauty and have instant oil control.
With oily skin it’s tough to find products that last all day. These are a few products that I have had GREAT success with!
1. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow
2. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eye Liner
3. Mac Cosmetics Eye Shadow
Having temperamental skin can be quite challenging and stressful. My advice would be to hang in there & don’t be afraid to visit your Dermatologist!
*Please note that I am not a sales person for any of these items described, nor is this part of any paid review. :). These are truly my every day products that I use and love!*